Break-in Reported on Grant Street
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, Joseph Rogier, 20, of 2 Jills Way, North Tewksbury was arrested on a warrant on Pluff Avenue.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
- At 9:41 a.m., a caller reported that scrappers are ripping open his trash bags on trash collection days.
- At 4:48 p.m., a caller reported that his ex-girlfriend used his credit card to commit a crime.
Wednesday, Feb. 6
- At 2:11 p.m., a caller reported that her debit card was used fraudulently.
Thursday, Feb. 7
- At 10:26 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Lowell Road. No injuries were reported.
- At 11:18 a.m., a caller reported a fire and explosion on Heritage Way. An officer found a brush fire.
- At 2:13 a.m., a Grant Street resident reported a past breaking and entering. Police are investigating.
- At 5:36 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 8:55 p.m., a caller reported someone banging on her window. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 10:38 p.m., a Castle Road resident reported kids in the area damaging mailboxes. Police found that only one mailbox was damaged.
Friday, Feb. 8
- At 8:05 a.m., a Gloria Lane resident reported that someone knocked over her mailbox.
- At 11:11 a.m., a caller reported a fire behind a home on Park Street. Police found that a it was a trash barrel fire. The residents extinguished the fire and were advised about regulations.
- At 3:53 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 4:28 p.m., a caller reported possible entry into a condemned house on Rahnden Terrace. Police confirmed the entry.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- At 7:26 a.m., a caller reported that a pick up truck hit a snowbank.
- At 10:10 a.m., a caller reported that a plow damaged two of his vehicles.
- At 12:14 p.m., a caller reported that a driver pulled out of Hess without paying for gas. The driver said he would go back and pay.
- At 3:58 p.m., a caller reported that his fence was damaged by plows.
Sunday, Feb. 10
- At 5:53 p.m., a caller reported that her car was broken into last Thursday.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.