Melrose Male Arrested After Attempted Break-In on Dix Road
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Tuesday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 10:32 a.m. Thursday, a Dix Road resident reported a breaking and entering in progress at her home. The resident reported that a male was trying to force a door open. When confronted, the male left and said he was looking for his dog. A neighbor reported a possible break-in as well. As a result of the calls, police found and arrested Michael D. Lava, 43, of 144 Derby Road, Melrose, on charges of attempting to commit a crime.
Tuesday, Feb. 12
- At 12:30 a.m., an Orchard Drive resident reported that scrappers are ripping through his trash bags during early morning hours and making a mess in front of his home.
- At 1:51 a.m., an Oakdale Road resident reported that a plow truck damaged his fence.
- At 11:34 a.m., a Duane Road resident reported a possible phone scam.
- At 12:56 p.m., an Elm Street resident reported damage to the front wall of her home from a plow truck.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
- At 1:10 p.m., a Travelled Way resident reported being the victim of assault and battery on Travelled Way on Sunday night. Detectives are investigating.
Thursday, Feb. 14
- At 7:40 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Marblehead Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 12:30 p.m., a caller reported a break-in at her mother's home on Concord Street. Detectives are investigating.
- At 1 p.m., ADT reported an alarm activation on Oak Knoll Avenue. Police found an open slider with a kicked in screen at the home. Police searched the area, but were unable to find anything.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.