Reading Resident Arrested On Assault and Battery Charges
The following information was supplied by the North Reading police department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 11:16 p.m. Saturday, Robert J. Kiley, 17, of 18 Tennyson Circle, Reading was arrested on charges of assault and battery, intimidating a witness and threat to commit a crime.
Friday, March 1
- At 6:12 a.m., a Sunset Avenue resident reported hearing a loud explosion and then a power outage. A tree branch fell on wires, which caused both. RMLD responded.
- At 8:21 a.m., a caller reported finding a hypodermic needle on Cedar Street. Police disposed of the item.
- At 3:22 p.m., a Walmart employee reported four youths causing a disturbance in the store and throwing items on the floor. Police were unable to locate the youths.
Saturday, March 2
- At 12:19 a.m., a caller reported being hit by another vehicle on Central Street and the other vehicle drove off.
- At 9:55 p.m., an Emerson Road resident reported a possible fight on her street. Police responded, but did not see anyone in the road. An officer did spot kids running near LeClair Street. Police located four youths and contacted their parents. The parents picked up their kids.
Sunday, March 3
- At 2:38 a.m., a 17-year-old North Reading male was summonsed on charges of assault and battery.
- At 11:38 a.m., a caller reported numerous mailboxes damaged on Lakeside Boulevard.
- At 3:16 p.m., a Williams Road resident reported that his cars were broken into overnight.
- At 4:57 p.m., a loss prevention officer from Walmart reported a woman actively shoplifting high priced items. An officer responded and was able to stop the woman before she left the store.
- At 7:52 p.m., a Williams Road resident reported that her car was broken into overnight.
- At 8 p.m., a Williams Road resident reported that his car was broken into overnight.
- At 8:31 p.m., North Reading police assisted with a serious car accident on Route 125 in Wilmington.
- At 9:10 p.m., several emergency callers reported that a car hit a pole on Elm Street. The car was towed from the scene.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.