Top Five Stories Last Week
Check out the top five stories from this past week.
Did you miss some news this past week? Take a look at the top five stories that topped the charts:
1. Moratorium Proposed For Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in North Reading. On Election Day last year, Massachusetts voters approved a ballot proposal that allows medical marijuana sales in the state, which left cities and towns to set regulations for medical marijuana dispensaries. The Community Planning Commission (CPC) held a workshop Monday night regarding such dispensaries in North Reading.
2. When Is the Deadline to Register to Vote For Upcoming Elections? North Reading has several elections coming up including local elections and the U.S. Senate primary.
3. Sunrise Bagels Relocating and More Nearby Bites. Take a look at local restaurant coming and goings, new businesses and the best dishes and recipes.
4. Boys Basketball Upended by Wayland in Semifinals. It was a dream season for the North Reading High School boys basketball team. But a nightmare second half put an end to the Hornets' season in the North Division 3 semifinals.
5. How the U.S. Senate Election Impacts North Reading. The U.S. Senate primary will take place in North Reading on April 30 and the election on June 25. Town Clerk Barbara Stats weighs in on the affects unplanned elections have on the town.