Top Five Stories Last Week
Here are five stories that topped the charts last week.
Did you miss some news this week? Here are the top five stories that topped that charts from this past week:
1. DPW Prepared for Possible Weekend Storm. Just when the snow from the blizzard of '13 was starting to melt, more may be on the way. According to WHDH Meteorologist Jeremy Reiner's latest weather blog post, we may see another six to 12 inches this weekend.
At least the DPW is ready for the possible storm. According to DPW Director Richard Carnevale, they have the equipment, sand and salt ready to go if the storm hits this weekend.
2. Sunrise Bagels Moving to Wilmington. Sunrise Bagels is planning to move to Wilmington in May. According to owner Larry Cutts, they are closing their North Reading location and it will not be a bagel shop when they open in Wilmington.
3. Melrose Male Arrested for OUI. This police log covers entries from Feb. 16 to 18 and an OUI arrest.
4. Seven Have Pulled Papers for Spring Election. Wondering who will be running in this year’s election in May? So far, seven North Reading residents have pulled papers. Papers are due back by March 19 at 5 p.m.
5. Perfection on the Horizon for NRHS Boys Hoops. It's a bit of a slower week than usual for North Reading sports teams with the postseason on the horizon. But one of the varsity games on the schedule could be a memorable one.