Top-Ranked Hornets Tip Off Playoffs Saturday Night
North Reading welcomes Watertown to its home court Saturday at 7 p.m. in the North Division 3 quarterfinal round after an unbeaten regular season.
The North Reading High School boys basketball team completed two of its goals this season. On Saturday night, they'll begin their quest for another.
After clinching a playoff berth and eventually polishing off an unbeaten season, the Hornets enter the North Division 3 postseason as the No. 1 seed with championship aspirations.
North Reading's playoff run tips off on Saturday on its home floor with a tilt against No. 9 seed Watertown, which thumped No. 8 Northeast Regional by an 80-52 margin in the opening round.
The game was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon, but the game time was changed to Saturday at 7 p.m.
With a win, the Hornets would advance to the bracket semifinal, where they would potentially take on either Wayland or Arlington Catholic on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Watertown and North Reading did not meet during the regular season. Doors open at 6 p.m. for Saturday night's tilt.
Are you a big fan of the Hornets? You'll also want to see:
- DeSantis Brings College Experience to Sidelines for Hornets
- Postseason Brackets Unveiled for Hornet Teams
- Region's Teams Ranked Among State's Best
- John Braga Highlights Track and Field Performances
- Craig Stone Leads Local Wrestlers to Sectional Title
- Maiola's Leadership Has Hornets on Verge of Postseason
- Casey's Boys Hoops Team Racking Up Victories