Writers around the world know all about it – NaNoWriMo. To the outsider, it sounds like some sort of weird code or phrase. But to the writer, it’s a calling, a challenge, something they must conquer.
NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, but it’s held all over the globe, not just in America. Writers everywhere take the outrageous – and yes, we know it’s totally outrageous – challenge of writing a 50,000-word novel in the 30 days of November. Because “the world needs your novel.”
Groups spring up everywhere to help writers along, offering moral support and even technical support if necessary. This year, the Flint Memorial Library in North Reading is expanding its North Reading Writes program to seven weeks of events.
All events will take place in the first-floor Reading Room of the library, which is located at 147 Park St. All writers of all levels and all locations are welcome. Don’t worry if you don’t live in North Reading, or if you’ve never written before. Everyone is welcome to our group!
NR WRITES 2013 EVENTS
- Oct. 24, Thursday, 6:30 p.m. – Writer’s Roundtable with self- published authors Kathryn Guare, Nancy Parsons, Danielle Masterson & Karen Till Vitale.
- Oct. 29, Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. – Kick-Off Party! Share plot ideas and writing materials with authors.
- Nov. 2, Saturday, 1 p.m. – Writing Session
- Nov. 7, Thursday, 6:30 p.m. – Writing Session
- Nov. 19, Tuesday, 6 p.m. – Writing Session AND 7 p.m. – Author Talk with Peggy Rambach
- Nov. 23, Saturday, 11:30 a.m. – Writing Session
- Nov. 30, Saturday, 1 p.m. – We’re Done Celebration!
So what do you say? Do you want to write a novel? Join us! And let us know in the comments what you’re thinking about writing!
This post also appeared on my personal site: daniellemastersonbooks.com.