Today is Wednesday, April 17. Here are five things to know today:
1. April showers. The temperature will reach 63 degrees today with a low of 37. Expect partly cloudy skies and rain throughout the day.
2. Chocolate event for students. Stop by the The Chocolate Truffle for a chocolate class. In two classes on chocolate, one for third to fifth graders at 10 a.m. and one for sixth to eighth graders at 2 p.m., students will learn how chocolate grows and is harvested. Try different types of chocolate, and take part in a few projects and contests. The non-refundable registration fee is $5. Call The Chocolate Truffle at 781-944-7155 to register.
3. North Reading Finance Committee. The Finance Committee will meet at North Reading Town Hall at 7 p.m. A review of warrant articles is an item on the agenda.
4. Drop-in craft. Stop by the Flint Memorial Library at 3 p.m. for a drop-in craft. Kids will make Mother's Day cards and flower pens.
5. Vigil. The Unitarian Universalist Church of Reading is holding a vigil from 6 to 9 p.m. in the wake of the marathon explosions. All are welcome to join the gathering. The doors to the Sanctuary located at 239 Woburn St. will be open from 6 to 9 p.m. The vigil, with Intern Minister Betsy Tabor and Rev. Maddie Sifantus, will happen at 7 p.m.