Today is Monday, April 8. Here are five things to know today:
1. Weather. The temperature will reach 68 degrees today with a low of 43. Expect partly sunny skies.
2. North Reading Compost Site. The Compost Site at the DPW Complex, 166 Chestnut St., is now open daily. Residents can take household quantities of compost and drop off grass clippings and leaves. No branches are accepted and contractors are not allowed to use the site. Normal hours are Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but residents can call the DPW at 978-664-6071 for approval for site access during the work week, a recent press release said.
3. First Annual Edible Book Contect. Stop by the Flint Memorial Library at 4 p.m. for their first annual edible book contest. All are welcome to submit an entry. Entries must be 95 percent edible and can be based on a book title, character in a book or a book title pun. Drop off your entries at 4 p.m. in the Activity Room and the winners will be announced at 7 p.m.
4. Reading CPDC. The CPDC will meet at Reading Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. The proposed Dunkin' Donuts on Walkers Brook Drive site plan review and a minor modification request by Perfecto's are both items on the agenda.
5. Opening Day at Fenway. Stop by the Reading Senior Center at noon to celebrate Fenway's opening day with trivia, prizes, hot dogs and popcorn.