Today is Friday, March 22. Here are five things to know today:
1. Weather. Expect mostly cloudy skies, with a high near 40.
2. Special Election. The North Reading Special Election regarding additional funds for the school building project is today. The polls at St. Theresa's Parish are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
3. Job opening. The Reading Police Department is looking for a Public Safety Dispatcher. The job pays $18.26 per hour and applicants should have a high school diploma or GED equivalent, excellent communication skills, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task in a busy environment. Applications are available at Town Hall, the police station or online. Email your resume or application to Carol Roberts, HR Administrator, Town Hall, 16 Lowell St., Reading, MA 01867 or email@example.com.
4. Hitching Post sale. The Hitching Post is having a renovation sale. Shop at the store today for 50 percent off everything.
5. Recreation Egg Hunt. The Reading Recreation Division is holding a Recreation Egg Hunt. The free event for Reading residents will take place at the Birch Meadow Athletic Complex. Children from the ages of 2-8 are eligible to take part.