Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 12. Here are some gift ideas you can purchase locally to make your mom feel special:
1. Flowers. Every mom loves getting flowers to brighten her home. Buy her favorite flowers in a bouquet or pick up a plant that will last longer. Boston Flower Market or Calareso's both have a great selection.
2. Jewelry. Does your mom have a mother's ring? Stop by the Jewelry Vault in North Reading to have one custom made for her with the birthstones of her children. They also have necklaces with different style charms that list her children's names.
3. Spa day. Can your mom use a break? Get her a gift certificate to the Alantra Spa so she can choose from different services like an Elemental Nature Facial, which is a customized facial based on your skin's specific needs and costs $80, a Swedish or Deep Tissue massage both also cost around $80 for an hour or time in the Salt Cave which helps Bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis, ADHD, Sleeplessness, Acne/Eczema and more. A 45-minute session in the Salt Cave costs $45.
4. Accessorize. Most moms love to accessorize. Stop by Jenny Boston and pick up an infinity scarf and earrings to match in your moms favorite color. You can buy both for around $40.
5. Sweets. Does your mom have a sweet tooth? If so, buy her some cupcakes from Cupcake City. Or pick up Mrs. Felix's Cupcakes at Heav'nly Donuts or the Hornet's Nest.