The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Monday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, March 29
- At 3:04 p.m., a caller reported that her vehicle was broken into and an iPad stolen.
- At 10:59 p.m., a caller reported seeing a woman laying in the road on Main Street. Police drove the woman to her home.
Saturday, March 30
- At 4:20 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Marblehead Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 7:20 p.m., a Swan Pond Road resident reported hearing gun shots. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- At 10:42 p.m., a North Hill Drive resident reported a loud house party in the area. The party was located in Lynnfield, but North Reading Police assisted with restoring the peace.
Sunday, March 31
- At 7:40 a.m., a caller reported that a male was urinating in the Stop and Shop parking lot. As a result of the call, the 51-year-old Andover male was held in protective custody.
- At 5:25 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Lowell Road. The operator drove into a ditch on the side of the road and two occupants got out of the car and ran into the woods. Police found that the accident was in Wilmington and Wilmington Police responded.
Monday, April 1
- At 2:44 p.m., an employee from Walmart reported two shoplifters who were uncooperative. Police assisted and the shoplifters were given a verbal no trespass order.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.