The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
At 2:49 p.m. Saturday, Lisa C. Diruzza, 42 of 1094 Main St. Apt. 2, Wakefield was arrested at CVS on charges of shoplifting over $100 by asportation.
At 11:57 p.m. Saturday, a juvenile was arrested on Park Street on charges of operating under the influence of liquor, failure to stop for a police officer, speeding, operating to endanger and failure to stop at a red light.
Friday, Sept. 27
- At 10 a.m., a pharmacist from CVS reported fraudulent prescriptions filed.
- At 1:50 p.m., a caller reported that a suspicious older male approached his grandson, who is a toddler, at Ipswich River Park and asked if he was alone.
- At 5:43 p.m., a caller reported that her vehicle was hit while parked at Eastgate Liquors.
Saturday, Sept. 28
- At 12:16 a.m., a Deerfield Place resident reported hearing loud noises, possibly from a house party. Police checked the area, but did not find anything except for two dogs barking.
Sunday, Sept. 29
- At 12:15 a.m., a Susan Drive resident reported hearing gunshots. While searching the area, police only found a house party on Turner Drive. The homeowners said the party was over for the night.
- At 10:56 a.m., a caller reported four youths causing a disturbance at Clarke Park. Police spoke to the youths and asked them to leave the area due to their loud behavior and profane language.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.