The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Sunday. The information is open to the public.
Friday, March 8
- At 8:48 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Concord Street. The accident was minor.
- At 8:51 a.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. One car was towed from the scene.
- At 9:13 a.m., a caller reported that he drove off the road and hit a fire hydrant. The fire department responded.
- At 1:04 p.m., a caller reported that a tree fell on a house on Puritan Road and started a fire in one of the bedrooms. The fire department responded and determined that it was an electrical fire.
- At 1:14 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Park Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 2:11 p.m., a caller reported two people fighting on Abbott Road. The fight was verbal and over when police arrived.
- At 2:39 p.m., a Shore Road resident reported that a plow caused damage to his mailbox.
- At 4:13 p.m., a caller from Sports, Spirits and Steaks reported that a female, who appeared intoxicated, tried to order a drink. The bartender would not serve her so she left. Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
Saturday, March 9
- At 5:52 a.m., a caller reported having a fight with her friend who had already left the scene. As a result of the call, a 32-year-old North Reading female was summonsed for assault and battery.
- At 8:07 p.m., an emergency caller reported a person actively shoplifting at the Verizon store on Main Street. Detectives are investigating.
Sunday, March 10
- At 2:54 p.m., a caller reported a metal theft at Cronin's Welding on Main Street. As a result of the call, a 27-year-old Reading male was summonsed on charges of larceny over $250 and receiving stolen property over $250.
- At 4:10 p.m., a caller reported that his vehicle was hit in the Stop and Shop parking lot Saturday.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.