The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
At 7:20 a.m. Wednesday, Anthony J. Romano, 61, of 8 Marshall St. was arrested on the charge of assault and battery.
Monday, Oct. 7
- At 8:19 a.m., a caller reported a three-car accident on Concord Street. At least one car was towed from the scene.
- At 6:37 p.m., a 22-year-old North Reading resident was summonsed on the charge of leaving the scene of an accident with property damage.
Tueday, Oct. 8
- At 11:10 a.m., a caller reported that he found his credit card number and security code on one of his employees. Police are investigating.
Wednesday, Oct. 9
- At 8:40 a.m., a Magnolia Road resident reported that a suspicious male asked for directions to another home on her street and then proceeded to ask questions about her neighbor. Police advised the resident to call them if she saw the male again.
Thursday, Oct. 10
- At 9:24 a.m., a caller reported that his snowmobile had been stolen, but he located it at Richardson’s Garage. Police spoke with the resident and the incident turned out to be a misunderstanding.
- At 10:18 a.m., as the result of a motor vehicle stop on Main Street, a 26-year-old Malden resident was summonsed on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and speeding.
- At 4:33 p.m., an employee from Hess reported that the cash draw was over $260 short. Police are investigating.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.