The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Friday through Monday at noon. The information is open to the public.
Friday, March 15
- At 2:51 p.m., a caller reported that a car hit a pole on Elm Street. The car was towed from the scene.
- At 10:44 p.m., a caller reported youths jumping into traffic causing vehicles to stop on Main Street. Police spoke to the youths.
Saturday, March 16
- At 12:19 a.m., an officer saw individuals pulling out of a closed business on Park Street in a pick-up truck with numerous items in the bed. As a result, three men were summonsed. A 26-year-old Wakefield male, a 21-year-old Reading male and an 18-year-old Reading male were all summonsed on charges of larceny over $250.
Sunday, March 17
- At 3:14 a.m., a Haverhill Street resident reported waking up to a male, crying loudly, trying to open his front door. The caller said that the male then fled on foot. Police located the male on Aspen Road sitting on the curb. The male was transported to his residence.
- At 12:25 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on North Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 12:25 p.m., an officer discovered a car accident on Haverhill Street. No injuries were reported.
- At 2:20 p.m., an employee from Walmart reported a shoplifter. The shoplifter was given a no trespass order.
Monday, March 18
- At 8:22 a.m., a Marblehead Street resident reported that someone stole about $2600 worth of deck material from the back of his home over the weekend. Police are investigating.
- At 8:33 a.m., a Ridgeway Road resident reported stolen jewelry. Police are investigating.
- At 11:17 a.m., an Old Andover Road resident reported a male taking metal and tires from the wood line. The male was issued a verbal no trespass order.
- At 11:33 a.m., a caller reported a male inside the dumpster at O'Brien's Auto Service. The male was given a no trespass order.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.