The following is a look at some of the calls handled by the North Reading Police Department from Monday through Thursday. The information is open to the public.
Monday, April 15
- At 2:42 p.m., a caller reported finding two needles on Aldersgate Way. Police disposed of the needles.
Tuesday, April 16
- At 1:10 p.m., a caller reported that her fiance's ex-wife was driving aggressively and very close to her on Main Street. The ex-wife reported that she didn't know her ex-husband's fiance was in the other vehicle. Both parties were given their rights regarding restraining orders.
- At 1:35 p.m., a caller reported a car accident on Main Street. No injuries were reported.
Wednesday, April 17
- At 9:16 p.m., a caller reported three car loads of kids parked on Rock Street. The caller stated that the kids got out of the cars and walked into the wooded area off Linwood Road. Police asked the kids to leave the wooded area and called their parents.
Thursday, April 18
- At 11:41 a.m., a male brought a cash register he found at Ipswich River Park into the police station. Detectives are investigating.
- At 10:29 p.m., a caller reported a fire in the woods behind 2 Country Club Road. The fire department was able to put the fire out.
- At 10:44 p.m., a Liberty Lane resident reported that her house was egged.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.