Nomination papers are now available from the Town Clerk’s Office for the May 6 election.
Elected positions that will be on the ballot are:
- School Committee
- Community Planning Commission
- Housing Authority
Selectmen Chairman Sean Delaney announced earlier this month that he is not seeking re-election after six years on the board.
Candidates who are expected on the ballot are:
- Moderator – John J. Murphy
- School Committee – Clifford W. Bowers
- Community Planning Commission – Christopher B. Hayden
- Housing Authority – Peter Carriere
To run, candidates must pick up nomination papers from the Town Clerk’s Office and have 50 registered voters sign them. The Town Clerk’s Office suggests that candidates obtain more than the minimum number of signatures in case there are issues with signatures that can’t be certified.
Nomination papers must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office by 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 18.